Thursday, June 27, 2013

Re-Write Progress, Corruption/Benevolence Mechanic Update

  First off, Burger King's coffee is not too good black. I need a personal supply of Splenda.

  Secondly, today marks the beginning of the re-write of The Heavens and the Hells. I intend on doing as much as I can with it between reading Greg Bear's Primordium and paid work.

  I want to focus on changing the wording and describing away from combat. Yes, there's combat, yes, it's deadly, but a common critique from the Game Chef reviewers was that they found it combat-heavy. It wasn't my intention. I want a focus on roleplay first, thus the addition of Benevolence/Corruption. I intend on also expanding on things more with the re-write. With Game Chef, I had to conform to a word limit. Not so much anymore.

Now the coffee starts tasting better...

  The Benevolence/Corruption mechanic's getting an overhaul. It's going to require roleplay effects as well as stat bonuses. I think it's going to work well in playtesting.

Speaking of playtesting...

  Re-write first. Once that's done, then playtesting. I'll start hammering out the mechanics, then apply to changes when playtesting's done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment